A Personal Note

Wedding 8-5-66a

Yesterday, August 6th, was the anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima in 1944. God forgive us. It was also the celebration of 52 years of marriage to Dorothy who God gave to me saying, “Don’t let this one get away. You will never find another one like her… SHE will go the distance.”

Funny how a young Catholic sailor could hear His voice when He wanted me to, even as a heathen. He was right. She has stuck with me through all my sins, wanderings and thrashings-about until God could get a hand on me. She then has continued to be by my side through many years of wilderness and isolation (even when I was surrounded by Christians).

She has given us four fine children who have kids of their own. We are also blessed with ten grand-kids and one great grandchild. Besides being the keeper of our home and all the work that goes with that, she also is part of this ministry as she proof-reads all that we write and does the layout work on our books, prints them and does the mailings as well. “There is one who sticks closer than a brother.” I married her.

Thank you, Father, for sending your Son to not only take away our sins, but to be our saving Life within. Amen

21 comments on “A Personal Note

1. Mary Ann says:

Congratulations.. Dorothy is beautiful, more precious than rubies πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

2. Happy Anniversary belatedly, dear Michael and Dorothy! πŸŽŠπŸŽπŸŽˆπŸŽ€πŸŽ‰
    May God keep blessing your marriage. πŸ’—πŸ•ŠπŸ’—

Liked by 1 person

• Michael says:

Thank you so much, dear Susanne. Yes, he has been blessing our marriage and those of our children as well. Praise His name forever!

Sorry it has taken me four days to get back to answering these comments. God has had me reading a couple books by T. Austin-Sparks that have really been speaking to me, “The On High Calling” volumes 1 and 2. One chapter was so much so that it was speaking to the details of what He has been doing to and with me over the last 38 years. πŸ™‚

May Daddy keep drawing you, Paul and Sarah ever closer together in His Son. Amen ❀ ❀ ❀

Liked by 1 person

3. Laurie Harris says:

Congratulation Mike and Dorothy! You are a beautiful example of a Loving Marriage following God’s plan!

Liked by 1 person

• Michael says:

Thanks, Laurie. He has had to do deep heart surgery on us both, but it has been worth it. It is his life working in us that makes the difference. Romans 5:10 has been taking on scope in my heart lately πŸ€—

4. Kenneth E Dawson says:

Yes God is good and you are living proof

Liked by 1 person

• Michael says:

Kenneth, He sure is! I have finally come to believe that “All things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose.” Nobody knows how adverse things have been in our lives, starting with us being separated by the Vietnam War. But He has turned all our adversities into a heavenly blessing.

5. Happy Anniversary you two beautiful people! β€˜β€˜Tis a privilege to know you all!

Liked by 1 person

• Michael says:

Becky, my high flying sister, Good to hear from you. It is a blessing to know you as well.
      We have another grand-kid getting married in November in Houston. Thank God that it is not in July or August this time. Yes!

6. Happy Anniversary to you both! ❀

Liked by 1 person

7. Dan says:

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Today ( August 9th ) is our wedding anniversary.
    – Married in 1980.
    —-
    As you wrote, “It is His life working in us..”

Blessings,

Liked by 1 person

8. Patricia W. Orr (Pat) says:

Brother Michael, thank you for sharing A Personal Note. I am blessed just to read it. Congratulations to you and Dorothy; as well as, all your family.

Liked by 1 person

9. Wanda Collins says:

Hi Michael,

Truly inspirational! Not only have you been married for 52 years, but the marriage is certainly blessed by God.

Congratulations,

wanda

Liked by 1 person

• Michael says:

Thank you, Wanda. The words to a wonderful hymn come to mind regarding our marriage,

“Through many dangers, toils and snares
      I (we) have already come,
      ‘Tis grace has brought me (us) safe thus far
      And grace will lead me (us) home.”

Blessings, dear sister.

10. Congrats my bruthaaah! πŸ™‚ I’m going on 9 years with my beautiful bride. God is good. Take care my friend.

Liked by 1 person